A disaster or crisis could occur at any time, without warning. Taking steps now to prepare for the next emergency could reduce the risk of injury or damage to property. The HUSD Safety/Risk Management Office actively prepares for disasters and other emergencies by supplying schools with disaster supplies, developing emergency response plans and procedures, and coordinating training and drills.
The Safety/Risk Management Office encourages all staff and families of students to incorporate emergency preparedness plans and procedures in their homes. Here are some tools to assist you in preparing your home and family for the next disaster:
Don't forget to plan for:
Emergency Preparedness Links & Resources
- Disaster Service Worker Training
- A video from RCOE that explains the Disaster Service Worker role of California school personnel.
- RCOE Press Releases
- Press releases from RCOE and various State organizations regarding the Swine Influenza.
- Ready America Campaign
- A wealth of information on preparing for any type of disaster.
- Ready Kids Campaign
- A fun website for children to learn how to prepare for a disaster or emergency.
- Ready Business Campaign
- Emergency planning tools for businesses.
- Online First Aid Guide (Mayo Clinic)
- A comprehensive online first aid guide.
- American Red Cross - Riverside County Chapter
- A wealth of information about the services offered by our local Red Cross chapter.
- Riverside County Dept. of Public Health
- The Emergency Preparedness and Response section provides lots of pertinent material on this informative website.
- Governor's Office of Emergency Services
- Lots of articles and information to keep you informed of preparedness activities at the state level.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- A variety of tools and information resources for businesses, government personnel, individuals, and kids too! This web site even offers free online courses in emergency management.
Top of Page.